Welcome to the Parent Resource Page!
Below you will find everything from helpful websites to good reads. We are hear to support you as you are discipling your children (or grandchildren, nieces, nephews, friends). Please feel free to contact us if there is something that you are looking for that is not represented below.
For Young Families
1) famtime.com – This website helps families create a 20 minute devotional time they do together each week and is geared toward families with younger children.
2) D6family.com/splink – D6 is a movement based around Deuteronomy 6 that puts the family at the center of spiritual development for kids. This site lets you sign up for an e-mail that sends you free e-mails to help connect faith to life at home. The e-mail is geared mostly toward younger children.
For Parents of Teens
3) CPYU.org – The Center for Parent and Youth Understanding helps parents connect with and understand youth culture. This site has blogs, articles and resources that could be helpful to parents.
4) purefreedom.org – This is a website to help mothers and daughters talk about body image, self esteem, and sexual purity from a Christian perspective.
5) relevantmagazine.com – Relevant Magazine has many thought provoking articles and videos for high school students and adults connecting Christian Faith to current life issues.
6) fervr.net – A website with many articles and blogs about school and culture geared toward middle and high school students.
For Marriage, Parenting and other Miscellaneous Topics
7) homeward.com – HomeWord helps families succeed by creating Biblical resources that build strong marriages, confident parents, empowered kids and healthy leaders. There are articles and resources on this page for marriages, parenting, teens, kids, etc.
8) focusonthefamily.com – Focus on the Family is a Christian organization that is dedicated to help families thrive. Most of the resources are targeted towards parents to give support in marriage, parenting, etc.
9) Pluggedin.com – Plugged in is produced by Focus on the Family and has content review of all kinds of movies, video games, TV shows, etc.
Books on Leading Children to Christ
1) Leading Kids to Jesus: How to Have One-on-One Conversations about Faith
By: David Staal
General Books on Parenting
3) The Legacy Path: Discover Intentional Spiritual Parenting
By: Brian Haynes
4) Impress Faith on Your Kids
By: Mark Holmen
5) Raising a Modern Day Joseph
By: Larry Fowler
6) Parenting Teens
By: Richard Ross and David Booth
7) Raising Great Kids
By: Dr. Henry Cloud and Dr. John Townsend
8) Visionary Parenting
By: Dr. Rob Rienow
9) Shift: What it Takes to Finally Reach Families Today
By: Brian Haynes
10) Transforming Children into Spiritual Champions
By: George Barna
11) The Blessing: Giving the Gift of Unconditional Love and Acceptance
By: Dr. John Trent and Dr. Gary Smalley
Resources on Sex, Dating and Relationships
By: Chip Ingram and Tim Walker
13) A Chicken’s Guide to Talking Turkey with your Kids About Sex
By: Kevin Leman and Kathy Flores Bell
14) What He Must Be: …If He Wants to Marry my Daughter
By: Voddie Baucham Jr.
16) The Purity Code
By: Jim Burns
Books about Technology and Culture
17) Logged On and Tuned Out: A Non-Techie’s Guide to Parenting a Tech-Savvy Generation
By: Vicki Courtney
18)Engaging Your Teen’s World
By: Brian Houseman
19) Raising Responsible Teens in a Digital World
By: Brian Houseman
Book for the formation of Godly Sons
20) Raising a Modern Day Knight
By: Robert Lewis
21) Every Young Man’s Battle
By: Stephen Arterburn and Fred Stoeker
22) Wild at Heart
By: John Eldredge